* Introduced the "Assure our Veterans and Surviving Spouses a Life in Dignity Act" in March 2006. This legislation raises earned income limits to make more veterans and surviving spouses eligible for the VA's Improved Pension.
* Cosponsor of several pieces of legislation focused on addressing the medical, educational, and homeownership needs of our veterans.
* Assured Funding for Veterans Health Care Act of 2005 - HR 515 and the New GI Bill of Rights for the 21st Century Act - HR 2131
* Resuming Education After Defense Service Act of 2005 - HR 772
* American Veterans Homeownership Act of 2005 - HR 2952
* Founder of the annual "San Fernando Valley Veterans Day Parade", which began in 2004 and has included the participation of approximately 60 veteran groups and thousands of local residents