While nobody argues against collecting taxes to fund the critical functions of government, it is clear to me that the federal government spends too much. We need to reduce the tax burden on the American people. Now more than ever, we also need to reform and simplify our tax code.
That is why I was proud to support President Bush's tax relief plan when I served in the U.S. House of Representatives and will fight to extend these tax reductions.
* Replacing our tax code with something much more fair and simple.
* Cutting income tax rates across the board for everyone who pays taxes.
* Providing marriage tax penalty relief.
* Phasing out the estate tax.
* Helping small businesses expand through higher expensing caps.