Small business is the backbone of Louisiana's and America's economy. I make it a point to visit as many small businesses as possible when I'm home on the weekend to hear what's on the mind of local entrepreneurs and workers.
In order to prosper in the twenty-first century, Louisiana must have a successful, growing small business community. That's why I am so focused these efforts to help our small businesses.
* Connecting more Louisiana businesses and homes to the Internet through the Louisiana Online Program.
* Working on the Small Business Committee to reform regulations and enact programs to help small businesses comply with the rules.
* Expanding and strengthening shipbuilding activities and related industries in Louisiana.
* Supporting association health plans to help small businesses cope with the high costs of health care.
* Fighting to end the death tax, which robs too many families of the great American dream - passing on their family business to their children.