As a strong believer in the dignity and sanctity of all human life, I stand with many other Louisianans in defense of those who cannot defend themselves. Together, we work daily to turn the tide toward respecting, protecting, and dignifying innocent human life.
To this end, I have supported all pro-life measures before Congress, including:
* Supporting an immediate ban on partial birth abortions.
* Expanding tax credits and other support for adoption.
* Authoring legislation that would absolutely prohibit taxpayer funding to private providers of abortion services.
* Supporting a full ban on human cloning.
* Authoring legislation to codify safety measures designed to protect the health of women who use RU-486, responding to the misguided and politicized approval of the drug.
* Participating in National Adoption Awareness Month.
* Supporting legislation requiring that pregnant mothers be provided information on their unborn child's ability to experience pain 20 weeks after fertilization.
* Supporting legislation prohibiting the transportation of a minor across state lines for the purpose of obtaining an abortion.