Protecting and defending our freedom is the key role of federal government. We should prioritize defense functions in our federal budget and keep our commitments to the heroes who sacrifice so much to keep our enemies at bay.
* Military Spending. We must ensure that our troops have the best equipment, training, and leadership.
* War on Terror: We need to continue to adapt our military preparedness to respond quickly to radical jihadists anytime, anywhere using enhanced special forces capabilities and the best possible intelligence.
* First Responders. I will stay in close communication with local police authorities to make sure they have the tools and protections they need on a federal level to enforce the law and keep us safe.
* Energy. Fueling our future is a national security issue. We must explore all potential forms of energy to ensure our energy independence.
* Air Security. I support efforts to upgrade our air traffic control technology. I support funding for radar at both the Provo and West Jordan airports.
* Second Amendment. I support the right to own and bear arms as a personal and absolute right. For example, it's wrong that laws restrict our rights to carry guns in National Parks.
* Veterans. I am a strong advocate for veterans. We are not taking good enough care of those who have taken care of us. Specifically, I will introduce legislation to take care of those who fall between the cracks after their service has ended.