Paul is currently serving as Associate Justice of the Arkansas Supreme Court. He also is Chair of the Committee on the Pilot Program for Electronic Filing of Briefs in the Appellate Courts and Chair of the Exploratory Committee on the Pilot Program for Appellate Mediation. Since joining the Supreme Court Paul has deliberated on numerous cases brought before the Court.
Paul was selected by the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association as Outstanding Trial Judge of the Year for Arkansas in 2002-2003.
Paul graduated with honors from University of Arkansas School of Law, was a law clerk for the Arkansas Supreme Court and was an instructor at the University of Arkansas School of Law, Little Rock.
Paul is quite the sportsman. He was a star high school pitcher that once threw a "perfect game". He also was on the tennis team at Florida State University and has continued his tennis playing in the United States Tennis Association's National Team Tennis Championships. Paul is also a low handicap golfer and has participated in many tournaments throughout Arkansas.
QUALIFICATIONS OF JUSTICE PAUL DANIELSON
Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association selection as:
The Outstanding Trial Judge for 2002-2003
Over 30 years of Judicial and Legal Experience, this includes:
* Juris Doctorate, with honors, from the University of Arkansas School of Law
* Law clerk for Supreme Court Justice Frank Holt
* Instructor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock law school
* Private law practice for 18 years
* Deputy prosecuting attorney in the 6th District
* Deputy prosecuting attorney in the 15th District
* Booneville city attorney
* Circuit judge in the 15th Judicial District (Conway, Logan, Scott and Yell counties) for 12 years
* 3 terms as Circuit Judge for the 15th Judicial District
* Administrative Circuit Judge for 15th Judicial Circuit
* Associate Justice of Arkansas Supreme Court
* Member of the Arkansas Judicial Council
* Past Chairman of the Supreme Court Liaison Committee
* Member Arkansas Bar Association Liaison Committee
* Member of the Legislative Liaison Committee
* Fellow of the Arkansas Bar Foundation