HON. JOE BACA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2007
* Mr. BACA. Madam Chairman, I rise today to ask for support of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, ENDA, H.R. 3685.
* People who do their jobs well, pay their taxes and contribute to their communities should not be singled out for unfair discrimination.
* This notion lies at the core of American values. Yet, millions of Americans are fired from their jobs, refused work, or paid less because of their sexual orientation.
* Sadly, this discrimination is legal in 39 States. This is why Federal protection is so important.
* H.R. 3685 provides employment protections similar to those of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
* This bill will provide judges with the tools necessary to end discrimination.
* It will protect Americans, hard-working Americans who deserve the same freedoms and governmental support given to all working Americans.
* Please support this important legislation.