Dear Mr. President,
No child left behind' is a clever slogan, but your failed education policies have left more children behind than ever before. As the new Congressmember from the 37th District of California, I'll fight to put our Federal Government's money where your mouth has been - into real education reform that invests in our children's future, and in so doing, the future of our great nation.
1. Introduce legislation to provide a FREE COLLEGE EDUCATION for Every Qualified Student in America.
2. More FEDERAL dollars to implement FEDERAL mandates like "No Child Left Behind" on the state and local level.
3. More After School Programs to keep our kids away from guns, gangs and drugs.
4. More Local Control for Teachers, Parents and Principals.
5. Set High Expectations for All Students and teach basic life skills such as work habits, being responsible and being on time.
6. Expand Computer, Vocational and Technical programs to provide viable alternatives to students who do not wish to go on to college.
7. Increase apprenticeship programs with local businesses and industries to Provide students with first hand experience in the job market.