Bio-Partnering Mission will bring Utah companies together with Canadian Counterparts
Officials from the Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED) announced today that Governor Jon Huntsman will lead a trade mission to Toronto Canada. The delegation will leave Utah April 23 and return April 25.
The trade mission is being coordinated with the Canadian Consulate in Denver and will focus on the Life Sciences. Utah has a strong economic cluster of leading companies in biotechnology research, personalized medicine and medical devices.
"This trade mission to Toronto enables a knowledge-sharing opportunity between Canadian and Utah life sciences companies. We are working to bring companies together to engage in business conversations and provide the framework for successful long-term collaboration at many levels," Governor Huntsman said.
Accompanying the Governor will be executives from eight Utah companies working in the Life Sciences industry.
* LineaGen Partners Inc. a company focused on the discovery of biomarkers useful for the diagnosis and treatment of common diseases and disorders.
* TechniScan, Inc. is a medical device company engaged in the development and commercialization of a revolutionary ultrasound imaging system to aid in the diagnosis of breast cancer.
* Bard Access Systems, Inc. an innovator and market leader in vascular access devices.
* Daw Technologies, LLC is the leading global supplier of controlled environmental (cleanroom) solutions for the life sciences and microelectronic industries.
* InnovaBio is a non-profit contract research organization that uses Utah science and technology students in state of the art facilities to conduct high-level biotechnology research while training interns to rapidly move into industry upon graduation.
* Nelson Labs has been serving the medical device, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries since 1985 and offers more than 400 microbiological and analytical test services.
* Tharos Laboratories, Inc. a nutraceutical and pharmaceutical ingredient company focused on isolating, extracting and researching natural bioactive phytochemicals.
* Varian Medical Systems supplies products to the medical market for the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Some of the products include radiotherapy, x-ray, high energy cargo screening and & non-destructive testing.