RECOGNIZING THE WOMEN OF TOMORROW MENTOR AND SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM -- (Extensions of Remarks - December 17, 2005)
HON. ILEANA ROS-LEHTINEN
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2005
* Ms. ROS-LEHTINEN. Mr. Speaker, I am pleased to recognize the Women of Tomorrow Mentor and Scholarship Program, an incredible organization located in my Congressional district, and congratulate its founders, Jennifer Valoppi and Don Browne, for being named recipients of Governor Jeb Bush's Points of Light Award.
* This award is the State's highest honor given to those who dedicate themselves to the Florida community through acts of volunteerism.
* Since its inception in 1997, the Women of Tomorrow Mentor and Scholarship Program has been a pioneer institution for inspiring at-risk young women to achieve their fullest potential through education and job training.
* As a result of the organization's efforts, young women throughout our community can receive positive guidance and mentoring from professional women in South Florida.
* The Women of Tomorrow Mentor and Scholarship Program is a perfect example of individuals uniting to improve the lives of our community's youth, and I am proud of all those who are associated with this remarkable organization.