* Studying or investigating the efficiency and economy of operations of all branches of the Government;
* Studying or investigating the compliance or noncompliance of corporations, companies, or individual or other entities with the rules, regulations, and laws governing the various governmental agencies and their relationships with the public;
* Determining whether any changes are required in the laws of the United States in order to protect public interests against the occurrence of improper practices or activities by labor or management groups;
* Studying or investigating syndicated or organized crime which may operate in or otherwise utilize the facilities of interstate and international commerce;
* Studying or investigating all other aspects of crime and lawlessness within the United States which have an impact upon or affect the national health, welfare, and safety including but not limited to investment fraud schemes, commodity and security fraud, computer fraud, and the use of offshore banking and corporate facilities to carry out criminal objectives;
* Studying or investigating the effectiveness of present national security methods; and
* Studying or investigating the efficiency, economy and effectiveness of all agencies and departments of the Government involved in the control and management of energy shortages.