(1) municipalities, including their creation, organization, powers, government, and finance, and the compensation and duties of their officers and employees;
(2) home-rule municipalities, their relationship to the state, and their powers, authority, and limitations;
(3) the creation or change of metropolitan areas and the form of government under which those areas operate;
(4) problems and issues particularly affecting metropolitan areas of the state;
(5) other units of local government not otherwise assigned by these rules to other standing committees;
(6) establishing districts for the election of governing bodies of municipalities;
(7) land use regulation by municipalities; and
(8) the following state agencies: the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs and the Texas Commission on Fire Protection.