(1) the protection of public health, including supervision and control of the practice of medicine and dentistry and other allied health services;
(2) mental health and the development of programs incident thereto;
(3) the prevention and treatment of mental illness;
(4) oversight of the Health and Human Services Commission as it relates to the subject matter jurisdiction of this committee; and
(5) the following state agencies: the Department of State Health Services, the Anatomical Board of the State of Texas, the Texas Funeral Service Commission, the State Committee of Examiners in the Fitting and Dispensing of Hearing Instruments, the Texas Health Services Authority, the Texas Optometry Board, the Radiation Advisory Board, the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, the Interagency Obesity Council, the Texas Board of Nursing, the Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners, the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners, the Texas State Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners, the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists, the State Board of Dental Examiners, the Texas Medical Board, the Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers, the Dental Hygiene Advisory Committee, the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas, the Texas State Board of Acupuncture Examiners, the Health Professions Council, the Office of Patient Protection, and the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.