(1) the relations between the State of Texas and the federal government involving defense, emergency preparedness, and veterans issues;
(2) the various branches of the military service of the United States;
(3) the realignment or closure of military bases;
(4) the defense of the state and nation, including terrorism response;
(5) emergency preparedness;
(6) veterans of military and related services; and
(7) the following state agencies: the Adjutant General's Department, the Texas Veterans Commission, the Veterans' Land Board, the Texas Military Preparedness Commission, the Texas
Division of Emergency Management, and the Emergency Management Council.