(1) the creation, operation, and control of state parks, including the development, maintenance, and operation of state parks in connection with the sales and use tax imposed on
sporting goods, but not including any matter within the jurisdiction of the Committee on Appropriations;
(2) the regulation and control of the propagation and preservation of wildlife and fish in the state;
(3) the development and regulation of the fish and oyster industries of the state;
(4) hunting and fishing in the state, and the regulation and control thereof, including the imposition of fees, fines, and penalties relating to that regulation;
(5) the regulation of other recreational activities;
(6) cultural resources and their promotion, development, and regulation;
(7) historical resources and their promotion, development, and regulation;
(8) promotion and development of Texas&#039; image and heritage;
(9) preservation and protection of Texas&#039; shrines, monuments, and memorials;
(10) international and interstate tourist promotion and development;
(11) the Texas Economic Development and Tourism Office as it relates to the subject-matter jurisdiction of this committee;
(12) the Gulf States Marine Fisheries Compact; and
(13) the following state agencies: the Parks and Wildlife Department, the Texas Commission on the Arts, the State Cemetery Committee, the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, the Texas Historical Commission, the State Preservation Board, the San Jacinto Historical Advisory Board, and an office of state government to the extent the office promotes the Texas music industry.
Access Candidates' and Representatives' Biographies, Voting Records, Interest Group Ratings, Issue Positions, Public Statements, and Campaign Finances
Simply enter your zip code above to get to all of your candidates and representatives, or enter a name. Then, just click on the person you are interested in, and you can navigate to the categories of information we track for them.