* Changes California Constitution to prohibit abortion for unemancipated minor until 48 hours after physician notifies minors parent or legal guardian.
* Permits notification to certain adult relatives if doctor reports parent to law enforcement or Child Protective Services.
* Provides notification exceptions for medical emergency or parental waiver.
* Permits courts to waive notice based on clear and convincing evidence of minors maturity or best interests.
* Mandates reporting requirements, including reports from physicians regarding abortions on minors.
* Authorizes damages against physicians for violation.
* Requires minors consent to abortion, with exceptions.
Summary of Legislative Analysts Estimate of Net State and Local Government Fiscal Impact:
* Potential unknown net state costs of several million dollars annually for health and social services programs, court administration, and state health agency administration combined.