The following lesson plans have been prepared by Vote Smart as a resource for teachers of government and social studies.
Lessons for Grades K-4
- Introduction To The Web Site Lesson & Worksheet
- Contacting A State Official Lesson & Worksheet
- State Governor Lesson & Worksheet
- Unit Rationale
Lessons for Grades 5-8
- Introduction to the Web Site Lesson & Worksheet
- Talking Heads Lesson & Worksheet
- Voter Registration Lesson
- Meet Your Senators Lesson & Worksheet
Lessons for Grades 9-12
- PVS Introduction Lesson
- Campaign Finance Lesson
- Follow the Money Trail Worksheet
- Special Interest Group Lesson
- Special Interest Groups and Their Impact Worksheet
- Values and Legislation Lesson
- Values and Legislation Worksheet
The K-12 civics curriculum 'Civics Matters' was co-written by three teachers: Sally Broughton, Erica Schnee and Deanna Collins.
Help us improve the Civics Matters Curriculum
It is crucial for us to know how to improve our materials if we are to continue this program.
Please take a few seconds to sign up for our end of the year survey.