Wife: Madeline; 1 Child: Sidney
- Bachelors, Business, Indiana University
- JD, Georgetown University
- Lieutenant Governor, Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2011-2014
- Mayor, Louisville Metro, 2002-2010
- Mayor, City of Louisville, 1985-1998
- Alderman, Louisville Board of Aldermen, Third Ward, 1976-1980
- No committee memberships found.
- No caucus information on file.
- Executive in Residence, Bellarmine University, present
- Attorney, Frost Brown Todd, Limited Liability Company
- Attorney, Greenbaum Doll & McDonald, Public Limited Liability Company
- General Counsel, Office of Governor John Y. Brown Jr.
- Founder, The Abramson Group
- United States Army, 1969-1971
- Member, Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition, present
- President, United States Conference of Mayors, 1993-1994