Wife: Helen; 5 Children: Joey, Jeff, Will, Kirsten, Kel
Texas City, TX
- Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA), Insurance/Real Estate, University of Texas, Austin, 1978
- President Pro Tempore, Texas State Senate
- Candidate, Texas State Senate, District 16, 2014
- Senator, Texas State Senate, 1996-2014
- Representative, Texas State House of Representatives, 1990-1996
- Won Special Election, Texas State Senate, May 4, 1996
- No committee memberships found.
- Former Member, Dallas Planning Commission
- Former Member, Education Committee, Texas State Senate
- Former Member, Joint Committee of Oversight of Higher Ed Governance, Excellence and Transparency, Texas State Senate
- Co-Chair, Legislative Oversight Board on Windstorm Insurance
- Former Member, Select Redistricting Committee, Texas State Senate
- Former Member, State Affairs Committee, Texas State Senate
- Member, Sunset Advisory Commission
- Founder/President/Chief Executive Officer, Associa, 1979-present
- President, Principal Management Group
- Founder, Statewide Property Management Company
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Dallas Chapter, American Diabetes Association
- Former Member, Board of Directors, White Rock/Lake Highlands, Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA)
- Member, Dallas County Republican Party
- Member, Dallas Independent School District
- Member, Friends of Fair Park
- Member, Historic Preservation
- Member, Kiwanis Club
- Member, National Republican Party
- Member, Texas Republican Party
The Godfather - I, II and III!
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."---Winston Churchill
Favorite TV Shows:
Two and a Half Men, Law & Order, Fox News.
Favorite Type of Music:
Country Western and Big Band Swing.
Hobbies or Special Talents:
Family, travel, politics, business.