- Attended, Green River Community College
- Attended, Olympic Community College
- Diploma, Mercer Island High School
- Representative, Washington State House of Representatives, 2004-present
- Officer, 7th District Republican Precinct Committee
- Deputy Minority Leader, Washington State House of Representatives, present
- No caucus information on file.
- Self-Employed Ranch Owner, 1990-present
- President, Okanogan County Farm Bureau, 2002-2004
Joel was one of only two legislators to receive the National Federation of Independent
Businesses' "Outstanding Legislator" for 2009 & 2010.
Joel was honored with the 2007 & 2009 "Legislator of the Year" award from Washington
State Farm Bureau for his work on Critical Areas Ordinance legislation and his tireless
work to preserve private property rights.
Joel was also recognized as the "2006 Legislator of the Year" by the Cattle Producers of
Washington for his legislative and local work to promote the heritage of ranching and
farming in Washington.