Husband: Michael; 2 Children: Stacey, Meryl
- No education information on file.
- Lieutenant Governor, State of Connecticut, 2011-present
- Comptroller, State of Connecticut, 1994-2010
- Representative, Connecticut State House of Representatives, 1987-1995
- Member/Vice Chair, Tolland Board of Education, 1979-1987
- No committee memberships found.
- No caucus information on file.
- Member, Board of Directors, American School for the Deaf, 2013-present
- Chair, Board of Directors, Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange, present
- Chair, Ending the Achievement Gap, Interagency Council, present
- Member, Hartford Young Men's Christian Association
- Spokesperson, Red Ribbon Holiday Campaign, Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Board Co-Chair, SustiNet
- Board Member, Women Executives in State Government
- Former President, Women's Campaign School, Yale University
- Chair, American Heart Association Greater Hartford Heart Walk, 2005
- Chair, National Kidney Foundation of Connecticut Annual Gala, 2005