Wife: Lynne; 3 Children: Kelly, Murry, Meg
- MBA, University of Pennsylvania, 1966
- BSE, Duke University, 1960.
- Senator, United States Senate, 2009-2010
- Member, Broadcasting Board of Governors, 1995-2009
- Appointed, United States Senate, January 2009
- Advisory Board, Obama-Biden Transition Project, 2008
- Co-Chair, Vice Presidential Transition Team, 2008
- No committee memberships found.
- No caucus information on file.
- College Professor
- President, Public Strategies
- Staff Assistant/Chief of Staff, United States Senator Joseph R. Biden, Jr, 1973-1994
- Co-Chair, Duke Law School Center for the Study of the Congress, 1995-1999.