- Select One down
- Abortion and Reproductive
- Agriculture and Food
- Animals and Wildlife
- Arts, Entertainment, and History
- Budget, Spending and Taxes
- Business and Consumers
- Campaign Finance and Elections
- Civil Liberties and Civil Rights
- Death Penalty
- Employment and Affirmative Action
- Executive Branch
- Federal, State and Local Relations
- Foreign Affairs
- Gambling and Gaming
- Government Operations
- Health and Health Care
- Housing and Property
- Indigenous Peoples
- Judicial Branch
- Labor Unions
- Legislative Branch
- Marriage, Family, and Children
- Military Personnel
- National Security
- Senior Citizens
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Stem Cell Research
- Technology and Communication
- Unemployed and Low-Income
Recent Key Votes
April 25, 2012 - Authorizes an individual to use and possess marijuana if the individual is a qualifying patient or designated caregiver in possession of a valid registry ...
March 8, 2012 - Authorizes individuals 21 years of age or older to (Sec. 2): Use, purchase, or possess up to 1 ounce of marijuana; Sell marijuana ...
March 8, 2012 - -Specifies that any individual aged 18 and older in possession of less than one-half ounce of marijuana is subject to the following penalties (Sec. 1):<br ...
Issue Positions (Political Courage Test)
David Bates refused to tell citizens where he stands on any of the issues addressed in the 2010 Political Courage Test, despite repeated requests from Vote Smart, national media, and prominent political leaders.
Project Vote Smart does not permit the use of its name or programs in any campaign activity including advertising, debates, and speeches.