Consider giving a gift that's in everyone's special interest, a gift membership to Project Vote Smart.
As the holiday season approaches we find that it's always easy to buy more stuff. You can buy that new iPad for your tech-centric cousin, but the reality is it that it could very well be a tech-themed paperweight by the next holiday season. You could get your son or daughter that new cellphone with lightning fast (insert trait) and rock-bottom (insert legal term). Your dad always likes those sweaters, right? But then again, have you seen your dad's closet?
One can't argue that it's nice to see the presents pile up around the (insert religious symbol of your favorite winter holiday). But, how about giving the gift that keeps on informing? That teaches that tech-centric cousin how to use his iPad to keep elected officials on task? That helps your son or daughter feel confident when voting for the first-time? Or helps your dad win that office argument about which congressional representative raised more in their first quarter from the agriculture industry (maybe we're the only ones who have such “office arguments”).
You know our reputation, you know our dedication, and you know how important Vote Smart is for this election and many more to come. Now it's time to tell others and help them realize the value of a smart vote. Give a gift membership to Project Vote Smart and help us keep our politicians honest – can a sweater do that?
From now until the end of the year, your gift membership will include:
- Buy One, Get One where your gift membership purchase also goes towards a complimentary membership or membership renewal just for you (just in case you haven't already)
- Special Mail Delivery with Holiday Card announcing your present and including all Vote Smart membership materials
- Copy of the Voter's Self Defense Manual
- Special Invitations to visit and volunteer at our Great Divide Ranch Research Headquarters in southwest Montana
- Common Ground E-Newsletter subscription to our monthly e-communication with program updates, valuable non-partisan insight into our political climate, and much more
- Project Vote Smart informational DVD (upon request)
- Bring the Truth to Light flashlight pen (included with mail delivery)
It may be easy to buy more stuff, but keep in mind, it's a lot easier to buy a lot more stuff when you're a lobbyist or special interest. Project Vote Smart refuses to take stuff from those guys. So maybe this holiday season you'll consider giving a gift that's in everyone's special interest, a gift membership to Project Vote Smart.
From all the folks at Vote Smart, and on behalf of educated voters everywhere, we wish you happy holidays and a heartfelt thank you.