or Login to see your representatives.

Access Candidates' and Representatives' Biographies, Voting Records, Interest Group Ratings, Issue Positions, Public Statements, and Campaign Finances

Simply enter your zip code above to get to all of your candidates and representatives, or enter a name. Then, just click on the person you are interested in, and you can navigate to the categories of information we track for them.

Key Votes

SB 762 - Allowing Universities to Levy "Tuition Differential" Charges - Key Vote

Florida Key Votes

Stages

Family

Issues

Stage Details

Legislation - Signed (Executive) -

Title: Allowing Universities to Levy "Tuition Differential" Charges

Legislation - Bill Passed (House) (101-17) -
Legislation - Bill Passed (Senate) (30-7) - (Key vote)

Title: Allowing Universities to Levy "Tuition Differential" Charges

Vote Smart's Synopsis:

Vote to pass a bill that authorizes each state university to charge a tuition differential.

Highlights:
-Allows each university board of trustees to establish a tuition differential for undergraduate courses upon receipt of approval from the Board of Governors (Sec. 3). -Mandates that 70 percent of the revenues from the tuition differential be used for purposes of undergraduate education (Sec. 3). -Mandates that the remaining 30 percent of the revenues from the tuition differential, or the equivalent amount of revenue from private sources, be used to provide financial aid to undergraduate students who exhibit financial need (Sec. 3). -Limits increased tuition differentials, combined with base tuition increases, to no more than 15 percent a year (Sec. 3). -Limits the total sum of undergraduate tuition and fees per credit hour, including the tuition differential, to no more than the national average of undergraduate tuition and fees at 4-year degree-granting public post secondary educational institutions (Sec. 3).
Legislation - Introduced (Senate) -

Title: Allowing Universities to Levy "Tuition Differential" Charges

Sponsors

  • Ken Pruitt (FL - R) (Out Of Office)

Co-sponsors

  • James E. 'Jim' King Jr. (FL - R) (Out Of Office)
  • Evelyn J. Lynn (FL - R) (Out Of Office)
Back to top