Concurrence Vote Passed
Aug. 19, 2008
Aug. 18, 2008(Key vote)
Title: Subsidizing Children's Health Care
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates $32.5 million to the human services department for fiscal years 2009 and 2010 to subsidize health care coverage for children and the developmentally disabled.
- Distributes the appropriation as follows [sec. 1 (A)]:
- $20 million to provide coverage for individuals aged 18 and under enrolled in Medicaid or the state children health insurance program;
- $10 million to provide coverage for individuals enrolled or eligible for the developmental disabilities Medicaid waiver program; and
- $2.5 million for direct behavioral health services to individuals aged 18 and under who have behavioral health care needs and are enrolled in Medicaid or the state children health insurance program.
- Directs the remaining funds to be deposited into the general fund [sec. 1 (B)].
- Establishes the effective date of this Act as January 1, 2009 (Sec. 2).
Aug. 18, 2008
NOTE: THIS IS A SUBSTITUTE BILL, MEANING THE LANGUAGE OF THE ORIGINAL BILL HAS BEEN REPLACED. THE DEGREE TO WHICH THE SUBSTITUTE BILL TEXT DIFFERS FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE TEXT CAN VARY GREATLY.