June 11, 2008(Key vote)
Title: Castration of Sex Offenders
- Allows the court to sentence first time sex offenders to treatment with medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) and requires MPA treatment for second time sex offenders (Sec. 1).
- Allows offenders to voluntarily undergo physical castration in lieu of MPA treatment if he intelligibly and knowingly gives written consent (Sec. 1).
- Forbids imposing treatment with MPA in lieu of, or to reduce, any other penalty prescribed by law (Sec. 1).
- Classifies the refusal to comply with treatment as a felony and sentences offenders to 3-5 years imprisonment (Sec. 1).
- Classifies aggravated rape, forcible rape, second degree sexual battery, aggravated incest, molestation of a juvenile under the age of 13, and aggravated crime against nature as punishable crimes (Sec. 1).