- Requires any person or organization that proposes an initiative to deliver a statement of fiscal impact to the Secretary of State, which provides an estimation of the monetary impact of the initiative on state and local governments, private property, and businesses. The Secretary of State will deliver this statement to the division of financial management for analysis (Sec. 1).
- Requires that upon 30 days of receiving the statement, the division of financial management must give its analysis to the Secretary of State and the person or organization who wrote the initiative. The analysis must include the accuracy of the fiscal impact statement's estimates (Sec. 2)
- Provides that if the entity who wrote the fiscal impact statement disagrees with the analysis, they may file a rebuttal statement with the Secretary of State within 30 days of receiving the analysis (Sec. 2).
- Requires the petitions for the initiative to include summaries of the fiscal impact statement, the division of financial management's analysis, and any rebuttal statements (Sec. 1).
- Requires that a summary of the analysis be available for public inspection in the office of the Secretary of State, and on the Secretary of State's website (Sec. 2).
- Requires the Secretary of State to include in the voters' pamphlets a copy of the statement of fiscal impact, the analysis of the statement, and any rebuttal statements (Sec. 3).