- Requires the Authority be formed by two or more municipalities, two or more counties, or a combination of both, and only after a public hearing has been conducted (Sec. 3).
- Authorizes the Authority to contract with any department or person regarding financing, constructing, operating, or maintaining public highways (Sec. 3).
- Authorizes the Authority to establish, collect, and alter fees, tolls, and charges on public highways, provided that such fees, tools, and charges are not imposed on public transit (Sec. 3).
- Authorizes the Authority to issue bonds for corporate purposes, payable solely by all or a portion of the revenue from fees, tolls, and charges (Sec. 3).
- Authorizes the Authority to impose a civil penalty between $10 and $150 for a toll violation (Sec. 3).
- Authorizes the use of use of technology to enforce and collect civil penalties that are mailed to the violator (Sec. 3).
- Exempts revenue collected by the authority or bonds issued by the authority from state taxation and assessments (Sec. 3).