March 20, 2008
March 6, 2008(Key vote)
Title: Food Tax Credit Expansion
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that expands food tax credits for Idaho taxpayers.
- Establishes a $50 credit for anyone with a taxable income of $1,000 or less, and a $30 credit for anyone with a taxable income greater than $1,000 [sec. 2 (1)].
- Increases the tax credit by $10 every year until the credit reaches $100 [sec. 2 (1)].
- Increases the tax credit by $20 for anyone age 65 or older [sec. 2 (3)].
- Prohibits undocumented immigrants from receiving the credit [sec. 2 (8)].
- Allows anyone who is not required to file a tax return to still receive the tax credit [sec. 2 (2)].
- Provides taxpayers with the option of donating their credit to the state cooperative welfare fund [sec. 2 (12)].