April 29, 2008
March 6, 2008(Key vote)
Title: Monitoring Prescription Drug Sales
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill requiring the Department of Health and Senior Services to maintain an electronic database of drug prescription information.
- Adds mifepristone, a drug prescribed to terminate a pregnancy, to the list of Schedule I controlled substances [Sec. A, 195.017 (2)].
- Considers failing to submit drug monitoring information or knowingly submitting incorrect prescription information a class A misdemeanor [Section A, 195.393 (1)].
- Requires the Department of Health and Senior Services to provide the following educational services [Sec. A, 195.396 (1-3)]:
- an orientation course regarding the drug monitoring program
- a course for persons authorized to access the drug monitoring information but who did not participate in the orientation course
- a course for persons authorized to access the drug monitoring information but who have violated laws or standards related to the providing, prescribing, or use of substances monitored by the program.
- Substitute offered by the House Crime Prevention and Public Safety Committee on 02/13/2008.
NOTE: THIS IS A SUBSTITUTE BILL, MEANING THE LANGUAGE OF THE ORIGINAL BILL HAS BEEN REPLACED. THE DEGREE TO WHICH THE SUBSTITUTE BILL TEXT DIFFERS FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE TEXT CAN VARY GREATLY.