Vote to pass a resolution that censures Representative Douglas Bruce for his actions against a photographer during opening prayer on January 14, 2008.
- Specifies that the Speaker of the House established a special committee to investigate the circumstances surrounding this incident and to make recommendations.
- Describes the incident, as determined by the special committee, as follows:
- On January 14, 2008, during opening prayer on the floor of the House, Representative Bruce used physical force against a photographer to prevent him from taking further photographs of him.
- Censures Representative Bruce for the following reasons, as recommended by the special committee:
- Violating the First Amendment of the United States Constitution's guarantee of the right of public access to the proceedings of the House of Representatives;
- Engaging in conduct inconsistent with the standards of order and decorum for the House chambers and with the ordinary standards of decency; and
- Failing to acknowledge any wrongdoing or accept full responsibility during his testimony to the special committee.