F 64 - Pay Raise for Public School Employees - Key Vote
Texas Key Votes
- CSHB 1 - 2008-2009 Budget
- F 64 - Pay Raise for Public School Employees
- F 63 -
- AB 433 - Prohibits Retaliation Against Employees who Engage in Politics
Legislation - Amendment Adopted (House) (90-56) - March 29, 2007(Key vote)
Title: Pay Raise for Public School Employees
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment that establishes equal, across the board raises for all teachers, librarians, counselors, and nurses employed in Texas schools.
- Transfers $263 million in Fiscal Year 2008 and $319 million in Fiscal Year 2009 from Awards for Student Achievement and Educator Excellence Awards programs to Foundation School Programs (F 63, Sec. 1). - Requires that the transferred funds be used for an equal salary increase for full-time school employees including, teachers, librarians, counselors, and nurses equal to the total transfer (F 64).
Legislation - Introduced (House) - March 29, 2007
- Rick Noriega (TX - D) (Out Of Office)