April 25, 2007(Key vote)
Title: Kidcare Eligibility Expansion
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that expands the qualifications for Florida Kidcare.
- Eliminates the Florida Medikids program (§ 6).
- Eliminates multiple disqualifications for eligibility, including being eligible for enrollment in an employer offered health care plan, family income below 200% of the federal poverty level, and being an unqualified alien (§ 8).
- Provides for the payment of premiums for children who do not meet certain requirements (§ 13).
- Establishes premium payment responsibility (§ 19).
- Appropriates $22,472,776 for implementation of this act (§ 21).