- Requires that third trimester abortions can only be performed if there is a certified statement of a medical emergency and if they are performed in a hospital (sec. 1)
- Requires an ultrasound be performed before an abortion and that the woman seeking the abortion be given the option to view the ultrasound (sec. 1)
- Requires a 24 hour waiting period for abortions, except in the case of a medical emergency (sec. 1).
- Requires the appointment of a guardian to act on behalf of a minor when a minor petitions a court for an exception to the parental notification requirements (sec. 4).
- Creates a civil cause of action for parents of a minor who has had an abortion for failure to provide actual or constructive notice against the physician who performed the abortion (sec. 4).