- Offers full-day kindergarten programs to students who qualify for free and reduced price lunches beginning in the 2007-2008 school year [sec. 6 (ch. 16)(4)].
- Requires schools to offer full-day kindergarten programs to all students by the 2009-2010 academic year [sec. 6 (ch. 16)(6)].
- Requires the department of education to work with childhood education experts to ensure the adequacy of full-day kindergarten programs and the future educational success of kindergarten students [sec. 9 (b)].
- Allows schools that wish to provide full-day kindergarten programs before the required implementation date to use any available state or federal funds in order to do so [sec. 9 (c)].
- Counts full-day kindergarten children as one student and half-day kindergarten children as one-half of a student for the purposes of charter school enrollment [sec. 3 (d)].