Vote to pass a bill that requires schools teaching human sexuality to use a science-based curriculum.
- Does not require schools to offer sexual education [sec. 4].
- Requires schools that teach sexual education to adopt a curriculum based on scientific research [sec. 2].
- Requires that education regarding human sexuality emphasize abstinence, inform students about contraception, and teach students about making responsible decisions [sec. 2].
- Requires sex education classes to include information on the link between the human papillomavirus and cervical cancer and information concerning the human papillomavirus vaccine [sec. 2].
- Excuses students from sexual education classes upon the request of a parent or guardian [sec. 4].