S Amdt 4095 - H-2C Visa Program Ammendment - Key Vote
National Key Votes
- S 2611 - Immigration Reform Bill
- S Amdt 3965 - Employment-based Immigrant Visa Amendment
- S Amdt 4064 - English As National Language Amendment
- S Amdt 4072 - "State Criminal Alien Assistance Program" Amendment
- S Amdt 4073 - English as Unifying Language Amendment
- S Amdt 4087 - Orange Card Program Amendment
- S Amdt 4095 - H-2C Visa Program Amendment
- S Amdt 4097 - Confidentiality Requirement Amendment
- S Amdt 4177 - Employer Verification Amendment
Legislation - Amendment Rejected (Senate) (48-49) - May 24, 2006(Key vote)
Title: H-2C Visa Program Amendment
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment that limits the H-2C visa program to five years following the enactment of the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006.
- Allows Secretary of Homeland Security to "grant a temporary visa to an H-2C nonimmigrant who demonstrates intent to perform labor or service in U.S."
- Prohibits any alien from being issued a new visa as an H-2C nonimmigrant after five years prior to enactment.
- Replaces the three-year admission and three-year extension period with five years.
Legislation - Introduced (Senate) - May 24, 2006
Title: H-2C Visa Program Ammendment
- Byron L. Dorgan (ND - D) (Out Of Office)