Conference Report Adopted
Sept. 26, 2006(Key vote)
Title: Department Defense Appropriations Act, FY 2007
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt a conference report that appropriates $437.41 billion to the Department of Defense and related agencies.
- Appropriates $119.05 billion for operation and maintenance of the Department of Defense.
- Appropriates $86.35 billion for military personnel, including $25.91 billion for the Army, $20.29 billion for the Air Force, $19.05 million for the Navy, and $7.93 billion for the Marine Corps.
- Appropriates $80.59 billion for the procurement of aircraft, weapons and ammunition for the Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force.
- Appropriates $70 billion for ongoing operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Appropriates $75.44 million for research, development, testing and evaluation.