June 6, 2006(Key vote)
Title: Department of Homeland Security Appropriation Act, 2007
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass an appropriations bill that appropriates $35.97 billion for the Department of Homeland Security in FY 2007.
- Appropriates $7.85 billion for the operations of the United States Coast Guard.
- Appropriates $6.44 billion for customs and border protection, including $115 million for the Secure Border Initiative.
- Appropriates $4.70 billion for aviation security.
- Appropriates $4.39 billion for immigrant and customs enforcement.
- Appropriates $2.80 billion for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), including $1.66 billion for disaster relief, $198.98 million for flood map modernization, and $151.47 million for emergency food and shelter.
- Appropriates $1.46 billion for science and technology research and development.
- Appropriates $954.40 million for the protection, administration, and training of the United States Secret Service.
- Appropriates $699.29 million for the Federal Air Marshals.
- Appropriates $362.46 million for the United States Visitor and Immigrant Status Technology project.