National Key Votes
Placed on Calendar
Dec. 5, 2006
May 23, 2006(Key vote)
Title: Agriculture, Rural Development, FDA Appropriations Act
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates funds for agriculture, rural development, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), nutrition programs and related agencies.
- Appropriates $37.87 billion for the Food Stamp Program.
- Appropriates $7.61 billion for child nutrition programs, in addition to $5.73 billion in transferred funds.
- Appropriates $5.24 billion for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC).
- Appropriates $1.92 billion for the FDA.
- Appropriates $1.20 billion for the Agricultural Research Service.
- Appropriates $1.06 billion for the Farm Service Agency.
- Appropriates $791.50 million for conservation operations.
- Appropriates $853.24 million for Food Safety and Inspection Service.
- Appropriates $704.89 million for the Rural Community Advancement Program (RCAP).
- Appropriates $5.38 billion in loans for the Rural Electrification and Telecommunications Loans Program Account.
- Appropriates $5.26 billion in loans for the Rural Housing Insurance Fund Program Account.
May 12, 2006
Title: Agriculture, Rural Development and FDA Appropriations Act
(TX - R)
(Out Of Office)