- Prohibits Federal workers from running for any local, state, or federal political office
- Prohibits employees from using official authority to affect the outcomes of elections, interfere with a citizen's right to vote or not to vote, or threaten or intimidate an individual from contributing to a campaign
- Bars employees from participating in political activities during work hours or in Federal buildings or offices
- Prohibits employees from wearing any uniform or official insignia while campaigning, or using a government vehicle while campaigning
- Bars federal employees from soliciting political contributions from the general public
NOTE: THIS IS A SUBSTITUTE BILL, MEANING THE LANGUAGE OF THE ORIGINAL BILL HAS BEEN REPLACED. THE DEGREE TO WHICH THE SUBSTITUTE BILL TEXT DIFFERS FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE TEXT CAN VARY GREATLY.