HB 1395 - Repeals ISTEP Test - Key Vote
Indiana Key Votes
- March 10, 2016 House Conference Report Adopted
- March 10, 2016 Senate Conference Report Adopted
- March 1, 2016 Nonconcurrence Vote
- Feb. 23, 2016 Senate Bill Passed
- Feb. 2, 2016 House Bill Passed
- Jan. 13, 2016 Introduced
Legislation - Conference Report Adopted (House) (77-19) - March 10, 2016
Legislation - Conference Report Adopted (Senate) (50-0) - March 10, 2016
Legislation - Nonconcurrence Vote (House) - March 1, 2016
Legislation - Bill Passed With Amendment (Senate) (38-10) - Feb. 23, 2016(Key vote)
Title: Repeals ISTEP Test
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that repeals the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress (ISTEP) program.
- Repeals the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress (ISTEP) program, effective July 1, 2017 (Sec. 5).
- Establishes a panel to study alternatives to ISTEP, composed of 22 members including, but not limited to, the following individuals (Sec. 6):
- The chairperson of the Senate Education and Career Development Committee;
- The chairperson of the House of Representatives Education Committee; and
- Teachers, principals, college faculty, and individuals with technical expertise.
- Requires the governor, the president of the Senate, the speaker of the House of Representatives, and the superintendent of public education to make appointments to the ISTEP replacement panel no later than May 1, 2016 (Sec. 6).
- Requires the panel established by the provisions of this bill to make recommendations for replacing ISTEP to the governor and general assembly no later than December 1, 2016 (Sec. 6).
Legislation - Bill Passed (House) (86-11) - Feb. 2, 2016
Legislation - Introduced (House) - Jan. 13, 2016
Title: Repeals ISTEP Program
- Robert William 'Bob' Behning (IN - R)
- Susan C. Glick (IN - R)
- Erin Houchin (IN - R)
- Howard A. 'Luke' Kenley (IN - R)
- Dennis K. Kruse (IN - R)
- Patricia L. Miller (IN - R) (Out Of Office)
- Earline S. Rogers (IN - D) (Out Of Office)