AB 1609 - Establishes Requirements for Out of State Firearms Transfers - Key Vote
California Key Votes
Legislation - Referred to Committee (Senate) - May 28, 2014
Legislation - Bill Passed (House) (49-25) - May 28, 2014(Key vote)
Title: Establishes Requirements for Out of State Firearms Transfers
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that establishes requirements for out of state firearms transfers.
- Prohibits the transportation of firearms purchased outside of California after January 1, 2015 into California, unless the individual first has the firearm delivered to a licensed firearms dealer (Sec. 3).
- Exempts an individual from the provisions of this bill if he or she meets criteria, including, but not limited to, the following circumstances (Sec. 3):
- If the firearm is physically received within California and the individual reports ownership of the firearm to the Department of Justice;
- The individual is on the centralized list of exempted federal firearm licensees;
- The individual is a licensed collector; or
- The individual is a dealer or wholesaler and is acting in accordance with that profession.
Legislation - Introduced (House) - Feb. 6, 2014
Title: Establishes Regulations for Firearms Imported from Outside the State