HR 4138 - Executive Needs to Faithfully Observe and Respect Congressional Enactments of (ENFORCE) the Law Act of 2014 - Key Vote
National Key Votes
- HR 4138 - Executive Needs to Faithfully Observe and Respect Congressional Enactments of (ENFORCE) the Law Act of 2014
Legislation - Referred to Committee (Senate) - March 13, 2014
Legislation - Bill Passed (House) (233-181) - March 12, 2014(Key vote)
Title: Executive Needs to Faithfully Observe and Respect Congressional Enactments of (ENFORCE) the Law Act of 2014
Vote to pass a bill that authorizes a chamber of Congress to sue the President or an employee of the federal government for not enforcing laws and requires the suit to be expedited through the federal district courts.
- Authorizes a chamber of Congress to bring a civil action against the president, a head of any federal department or agency, or any federal employee if Congress believes the individual violated the constitutional requirement to faithfully enforce any provision of a federal statute, rule, or regulation (Sec. 2).
- Specifies that the violation of the constitutional requirement includes the establishment or implementation of a formal or informal policy, practice, or procedure to refrain from enforcing, applying, following, or administering any provision of a federal statute, rule, regulation, program, policy, or other law (Sec. 2).
- Requires the action be heard by a 3-judge court with the final decision reviewable only by appeal directly to the Supreme Court of the United States (Sec. 2).
Legislation - Introduced (House) - March 4, 2014
- Spencer T. Bachus (AL - R) (Out Of Office)
- Diane L. Black (TN - R)
- Steven J. 'Steve' Chabot (OH - R)
- Jason Chaffetz (UT - R)
- Douglas A. 'Doug' Collins (GA - R)
- Jeffrey D. 'Jeff' Duncan (SC - R)
- James Randy Forbes (VA - R)
- Trent Franks (AZ - R)
- Jim Gerlach (PA - R) (Out Of Office)
- Robert W. 'Bob' Goodlatte (VA - R)
- Darrell Issa (CA - R)
- James 'Jim' Jordan (OH - R)
- Mike Kelly (PA - R)
- Raúl Rafael Labrador (ID - R)
- Ted Poe (TX - R)
- E. Scott Rigell (VA - R)
- Frank James 'Jim' Sensenbrenner Jr. (WI - R)
- Peter A. 'Pete' Sessions (TX - R)
- Lamar S. Smith (TX - R)
- Jason T. Smith (MO - R)
- Ann Wagner (MO - R)
- Lynn A. Westmoreland (GA - R)