Legislation-Joint Resolution -
Joint Resolution Passed
Oct. 10, 2013(Key vote)
Title: Border Security and Enforcement Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a joint resolution that appropriates funds for certain agencies of the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2014.
- Extends appropriations for continuing projects and activities of certain agencies of the Department of Homeland Security that were conducted in fiscal year 2013 to fiscal year 2014 taking into account funding reductions required by the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2013 and the Presidential sequestration order dated March 1, 2013 including, but not limited to, the following agencies (Sec. 101):
- United States Customs and Border Protection;
- United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement; and
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Requires funds appropriated by this bill to be used in such a manner that only the most limited funding action is taken in order to provide for the continuation of projects and activities (Sec. 105).
- Authorizes funds appropriated by this bill to be used in such a manner that may be necessary to avoid furloughs within the department or agency (Sec. 106).
- Requires funding and authority granted for the year 2014 to be available until 1 of the following occurs (Sec. 103):
- The enactment into law of an appropriation for any project or activity provided for in this joint resolution;
- The enactment into law of an appropriations act for fiscal year 2014; or
- December 15, 2013.