CSHB 2 - Property Tax Reduction - Key Vote
Texas Key Votes
Legislation - Bill Passed (Senate) (20-10) - May 9, 2006(Key vote)
Title: Property Tax Reduction
Vote to pass a substitute bill that creates the Property Tax Relief Fund for the purpose of reducing school district maintenance and operation tax rates and also allocates funds to the Texas Education Agency, once the property tax rate reaches a certain level. The bill allocates some of the revenue generated by increasing to the franchise tax, motor vehicle sales tax, and certain tobacco products taxes to the Property Tax Fund.
NOTE: THIS IS A SUBSTITUTE BILL, MEANING THE LANGUAGE OF THE ORIGINAL BILL HAS BEEN REPLACED. THE DEGREE TO WHICH THE SUBSTITUTE BILL TEXT DIFFERS FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE TEXT CAN VARY GREATLY.
Legislation - Introduced (House) - April 29, 2006
Title: Property Tax Relief Fund
- Jim Pitts (TX - R) (Out Of Office)
- William A. 'Bill' Callegari (TX - R) (Out Of Office)
- Lois W. Kolkhorst (TX - R) (Out Of Office)
- Corbin Van Arsdale (TX - R) (Out Of Office)
- Tommy Williams (TX - R) (Out Of Office)
- William 'Bill' Zedler (TX - R) (Out Of Office)