SB 97 - Approval of Rental Prices on Certain Housing - Key Vote
Delaware Key Votes
Legislation - Bill Failed (Senate) (9-9) - June 22, 2011(Key vote)
Title: Approval of Rental Prices on Certain Housing
Vote to pass a bill that requires owners of manufactured home communities to seek approval for raising average rental prices more than the increase in the Federal Consumer Price Index of the previous year.
- Establishes a hearing process by which owners can obtain Advisory Council approval (Sec. 2).
- Specifies that owners, who raise average rents more than the Federal Consumer Price Index without Advisory Council approval, will be subject to a civil fine of no less than $10,000 and no more than $25,000 (Sec. 2).
- Authorizes the Department of Justice to investigate complaints against owners of manufactured home communities (Sec. 2).
Legislation - Introduced (Senate) - June 2, 2011
Title: Limits Owners' Ability to Raise Prices on Rental Housing
- George H. Bunting Jr. (DE - D) (Out Of Office)
- John A. Kowalko Jr. (DE - D)
- Valerie J. Longhurst (DE - D)
- Peter C. 'Pete' Schwartzkopf (DE - D)