H Amdt 47 - Prohibits State Funding of Facilities that Perform Abortions - Key Vote
Texas Key Votes
Amendment - Introduced (House) - May 19, 2011
Amendment - Amendment Adopted (House) (90-44) - May 19, 2011(Key vote)
Title: Prohibits State Funding of Facilities that Perform Abortions
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment to SB 23 that prohibits the state from funding facilities that perform abortions.
- Prohibits health and human services agencies from awarding any family planning funding, including grant money, to any person or facility that performs abortions or abortion-related services, except in the case of a medical emergency.
- Defines "medical emergency" as a life-threatening physical condition aggravated or caused by pregnancy that places the woman in danger of death or disability unless an abortion is performed.
- Requires the Department of Health and Human Services to ensure that no money spent under the medical assistance program is used to perform abortions or abortion-related services.
- This act is effective upon an affirmative two-thirds vote of each house, or by September 1, 2011. -Rep. William A. Callegari voted "Yea" after the roll call.
- Rep. Armando Martinez is not listed on our vote breakdown because his vote did not accurately reflect his intentions; he initially voted "Nay" but changed his vote to "Yea" after the roll call.
- Rep. Doug Miller voted "Yea" after the roll call.
- Rep. Diane Patrick is not listed on our vote breakdown because her vote did not accurately reflect her intentions; she initially voted "Yea" but changed her vote to "Nay" after the roll call.
- James F. 'Jim' Landtroop Jr. (TX - R) (Out Of Office)