Montana Key Votes
March 24, 2011
March 24, 2011
NOTE: THIS VOTE RECONSIDERS A PREVIOUS VOTE.
March 23, 2011(Key vote)
Title: Revised K-12 School Funding
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill revising how the School Budget will be spent.
- Establishes that the school performance must be transparent and available to the general public (Sec. 2).
- Requires each school district to develop a five year comprehensive educational plan that includes the following (Sec. 2):
- School level educational profile;
- District educational goals;
- Description of long progress goals;
- Description of strategies;
- Professional development plan;
- State criterion-reference testing results; and
- High Schools must show participation rates and results in the ACT and other similar accredited programs.
- Requires each school district to have their school and district profiles publicly available by June 30, 2012 (Sec. 2).
- Requires the Board of Public Education to adopt rules to integrate expanded performance measures addressing the following measures (Sec. 3):
- Student performance by grade-proficiency or advanced performance level;
- Student growth in an academic year;
- Student performance of the lowest performing students in each school;
- Graduation rates; -Career and college readiness; and
- Acceleration rates or college-level academic work completed during high school.
- Specifies the allocation of tax money collected from oil and gas productions to each eligible county and school district (Sec. 8).
March 10, 2011
Title: Funding for K-12 Public Schools
(MT - R)
(Out Of Office)